Saturday, January 16, 2010

School Again...

I'm done with my first week of school.  It has gone well, but I can see that it will be a lot of work this semester.

My first class is Artificial Intelligence.  It seems like a cool class that includes a lot of computer programming.  I'll have to learn a new programming language called Python which will take some time, but I'll be able to do cool things.  One of the projects that we will work on is to design part of a pacman game.  From what I've learned in the class so far, we are a long ways away from having robots take over the world.



My other class is called Intro to Robot Control.  It also should be pretty fun.  We'll be writing programs to control a robot arm that throws a ball, and working with the controls of each motor in that robot arm to make it aim and throw at a certain speed.


I am also a TA for the ME 1010 class where I teach Solidworks, a 3D computer aided drafting program, and MATLAB, a coding program.  The classes are a lot smaller than last semester so I won't be running around as much answering questions.

Overall, school is going pretty well.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like some interesting classes. What kind of jobs can you do once you finish your masters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those classes sound like they will be a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can get any Mechanical Engineering jobs. I will also be open to get control systems jobs, or any job in robotics. What I like about Mechanical Engineering is that it keeps you open to a lot of possibilities. I have experience in Civil and Electrical Engineering, and now I'll have more Computer Science experience as well. Now I just need to get done and start looking for a job that I'm most interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this your first programming stuff! Sounds fun Babbo!

    ReplyDelete