Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

I've decided to start a new blog with the new year. Hopefully I'll write more in this one.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I can't believe it is 2010. The new year has brought a lot of changes in my life, so there are plenty of things to report on, but since I don't want to write one big long post that people get sick of reading by the end, I'll spread it out into different posts.

Here are some of my goals for the new year. Hopefully these goals can help me stay more on task.
  • Daily Personal Devotional - Praying, reading the scriptures, and writing down impressions are the best ways to open up a connection with Heavenly Father. I have noticed that this really does make a difference in my life. For some reason, I seem to have an extra hour or two in my day if I do this.
  • Plan tasks better - Start early and finish projects before deadlines. I learned this lesson the hard way last semester. It takes a lot of motivation to plan the hard stuff first and get it done so that you can have more free time later. Guiltless free time is more beneficial.
  • Quality over quantity - It is easy for me to make a lot of friends, not that this has been my goal, but it just seems to happen. Having a few friends know you really well is better than being able to say hi to hundreds of acquaintances. Recognizing the people that love you most is important as well. I have an amazing family that is always there for me.
These goals don't really have a start or an end, but they are something I can think about to make my life better.

3 comments:

  1. Good goals, Adam. Maybe you could make a goal to come visit me more. :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Adam! And I'm glad you're mine and Paul's friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those goals sound great, Adam! I hope you write more on this blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete