Saturday, January 2, 2010

New apartment

I moved twice in the last month! That is something I never really want to do again, so I'll wait a few months before I move again. My lease ended for my house in Bountiful and we all had to be out by November 30th. I had started looking for a new place up closer to the University of Utah, but hadn't found anything that felt right. I could have chosen between living with three 40 year old roommates or living right next to a busy road with a landlord that wanted to run the lives of the tenants. Exciting! I chose to wait, which meant that I would move into Mom and Dad's house for a couple of weeks. If you ever want your life to feel displaced for a month or so, move all your belongings into a pile into your parents basement and sleep in the guest room. While I'm thankful for their hospitality and having to put up with a basement full of junk...or extra junk...I was ready to get out on my own again.

I talked to my friend Rich at church and mentioned that I had moved out and was looking for a place. He told me that he was going to be renting out a two bedroom apartment in the Medical Plaza Towers up by the school and that I could have one of the rooms. It seemed like a great deal, but it was a difficult decision since we would not be able to look at the apartments until it was time to move in. I felt like it was a good deal though so I told him I would do it.

I moved in on December 17th with the help of Dad, Jason, and Geoff. Thanks for helping! (Also thanks to Steve for helping me move my stuff to my parents house.) I have great friends and brothers. Rich actually isn't moving in until January 7th so I've had the whole place to myself for a few weeks.

So there it is, I'm moved and settled into my new apartment. My room is a lot smaller than the one I had in Bountiful, but all my stuff fits in nicely. One of the best things about my apartment is that it is so close to school. It has been nice to be able to do things up at school and get there in two minutes rather than twenty five or more minutes. I'm on break from school between the semesters, but I'm sure I'll appreciate it even more when school starts back up again.


I can't find my camera battery charger yet, so I can't take any pictures of the inside of the apartment yet, but I will when I find it. There was a picture of the outside on the internet though, so there you go. I live on the seventh floor. It's a different experience to live in a tall apartment building, but it makes a nice view.


3 comments:

  1. I'll have to come visit and see your apartment sometime. I bet it's nice to live so close to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your apartment when I saw it. I think you chose well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose without seeing it first, so I guess I chose lucky. :) It is nice to live by school, when it starts.

    ReplyDelete