Saturday, January 2, 2010

Graduation!!!


Since I haven't posted anything for the past year, I thought it would be good to catch up on a few things. With so many big things happening over the last year, it will take several posts to catch up. I'll hit the highlights.

I graduated with a bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in May of 2009. It was an exciting day because I knew that I was done with a giant step of life. There were mixed feelings though. It was exciting to know that I would have the first summer off of school for a while, but it felt like a brick wall coming fast because I didn't have any fixed plans for a career. With the economy being how it is, I wasn't too excited to go on the job hunt yet. Also, I wanted to go to graduate school right away so I could keep my momentum instead of having to decide to go back one day.

Anyway, it turned out to be a great day with the friends I had spent a few years with in the classroom. In engineering, you usually take most of the core classes in order so you are with the same people for four years.
Weston was in my classes at Salt Lake Community College and transfered up to the University of Utah with me when we got our Associates.


I met Patrick while working at Heath Engineering. He was also in my classes when I transferred up to the U. His wife graduated at the same time also. I also met James when I transferred up. He went to the Milan Italy mission so we also took some Italian classes, which was a great break from Engineering classes.


I couldn't have done it without the help of my parents. It is impossible to list all the things that parents do for you in your life. Helping me stay out of debt by letting me live at home was very appreciated. It was also nice to be able to get advice from people that had been through it all before. Thanks Mom and Dad!

And you can still be dumb, even after you graduate.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on graduating. I never had a doubt that you could still be dumb after you graduated. I don't think you'll ever outgrow that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of your new blog! Congrats on your graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It stinks that the economy isn't too welcoming right now, but you're a step up on the ladder at least. I'll be coming from the rung beneath you... eventually.

    ReplyDelete